While the AIWO KEN™ Program does not require surgery, any medical procedure requires careful thought and consideration. The AIWO KEN™ System is not going to be for everyone.
To qualify for the AIWO KEN™ Program you must be motivated and ready to comply with a serious, medically supervised health programme tailored to your needs.
AIWO KEN™ is suitable for
• Moderately overweight Person who have been unable to achieve their desired weight loss through traditional weight loss methods such as diet & exercise.
• People who are not eligible for, or who are uncomfortable with, other forms of weight loss surgery who are aiming to lose 10 to 15kg.
• Patients with BMI of ≥ 27 who are willing to participate in an established medically-supervised diet & behaviour modification programme with regular follow-up.
Taking that first step …
The first step is to talk to a qualified and trained doctor who is the only person who will advise you and perhaps start you on the AIWO KEN™ Program with loss journey. Your doctor may also advise you that you might not be a suitable candidate for the AIWO KEN™ Program.
If you have a medical history including any of the following you need to discuss with your doctor about whether you are right for the AIWO KEN™ Program. It is likely that these conditions will preclude you from using the System.
• Previous gastrointestinal surgery, any inflammatory disease of the gastrointestinal tract, potential upper gastrointestinal bleeding or other congenital anomalies, large hiatal hernia or other structural abnormality in the oesophagus or larynx.
• Any other medical conditions that would not permit endoscopy.
• Unwillingness to adopt the dietary habits and behavior change critical to the success of the therapy.
• Drug or alcohol addiction.
• Pregnancy or breastfeeding.
• Major prior or present psychological disorder.
Tell your doctor if you are taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory agents, anticoagulants or other gastric irritants.
As with all medical procedures there are potential risks of unforeseen, unknown or adverse reactions to medications and the procedure itself. Please discuss your questions and expectations about the AIWO KEN™ Program with an informed doctor and evaluate the benefits versus possible risks.
Find out more about AIWO KEN™: