25 Tips to lose weight
and reduce abdominal fat, tone your body,
and feel good!
“If you exercise and eat for health and fitness you will end up looking and feeling great for the rest of your life. If you exercise and diet to look good you will eventually gain more weight and you will never be fit.
Always ask yourself, what is my motivation?”
1. First thing in the morning drink 1 cup of warm water with lemon
Drink lots of water throughout the day and with all meals
2. Drink lots of green Tea (in morning: has natural caffeine) and eliminate all juice (except natural pomegranate juice), diet and regular soft drinks. Drink only 1 cup of coffee a day)
3. Never ever eat sugar, this also means nothing white (no white Pasta, bread or potatoes (nothing processed, also known as “eating clean”)
4. Eat whole foods (includes whole wheat pasta, whole wheat bread. Read labels, companies put white flour in and call it whole wheat)
5. Eat all the vegetables you want (limit carrot sticks)
6. Eat 5 small meals a day (This includes snacks)
7. Do not eat anything after 7PM
8. Eat mostly lean protein & limit bad carbohydrates (absolutely no chips, popcorn, cookies, cake etc. no junk food)
9. Eat only 1 fruit a day, and before 12 noon. (Eat fruit from berry family: Blueberries, strawberries, cranberries)
10. Do ½ hour to 45 minutes of cardio, preferably walking on an incline every day. (Consult a doctor before beginning any exercise program)
11. Do light weight training 3-5lbs for upper body 3times a week
12. Drink 1 protein drink a day (skim milk with whey protein isolate powder with greens + powder in morning)
13. Eat the good fat (olive oil, fish oil, flax seed oil or seed)
14. With doctors permission only, take CLA (Conjugated Linoleic Acid) as per body weight to reduce abdominal fat. Note: This is not for everyone!
15. Get 8 hours sleep
16. Minimize stress to minimize stress hormones (and reduce abdominal fat)
17. Snack on a small amount of almonds (5 at a time) throughout the day (4 times a day maximum)
18. Never weigh yourself (judge progress by clothing size, inch loss, only)
19. Write a food diary every day to stay on track
20. Eat low fat dairy products such as plain yogurt, cottage cheese, skim milk. (No solid cheeses)
21. Read labels. Look for no or low sugar grams, no trans fat and only whole wheat.
22. Take a good quality multi vitamin/mineral a day
23. Eat tofu, Beans, and Legumes
24. Never go on a restrictive diet or on a program diet (They only serve to mess with your metabolism and eventually make you gain more weight, in the long run.) To maintain a good weight and toned body requires a lifestyle change, not a fad diet or program.
25. Feel good about who you are, as you are. Acceptance is key
This is a lifestyle change and if followed will reduce your weight, tone your body and make you feel great.
Use at your own risk and discretion, and only with a doctor’s permission.